We explain where you can use the safety razor, how best to shave your beard, chest and bald head with a safety razor, which areas tend to cause difficulties and how to become a safety razor professional. Everything you need to know about the traditional plane shave.
1. For which shave is a safety razor suitable and for which not?
2. Tips for the perfect beard shave with a safety razor
3. Tips for the perfect chest shave with a safety razor
4. Is the safety razor also suitable for intimate shaving?
4.1 . Helpful tips for using the safety razor in the intimate area
5. Tips for the perfect bald head shave with a safety razor
6. How do I become a safety razor professional?
7. How do I find the right safety razor?
8. Which blades fit into the safety razor?
9. We do the test of sustainable razors: safety razor vs. SHAVENT
For which shave is a safety razor suitable and for which not?
Basically you can remove all unwanted body hair with the safety razor. However, it is best suited for shaving the face, especially the beard area. But it can also be used on other body regions such as the head, neck, cheeks and jaw, chest and even in the intimate area. However, his rigid head can quickly lead to injuries, especially in angular areas or places that are difficult to reach and not directly visible.
With safety razors, it is therefore always important, as written in the previous blog article, to use them with the necessary care to avoid injuries.
Tips for the perfect beard shave with the safety razor
Whether it's a 3-day beard, a 5-day beard or a completely smooth and thorough shaven - who doesn't want to have the perfect beard shave. We'll show you how to do it in a few short steps:
- Prepare your skin for the shave: Take a warm shower beforehand or soften your skin with a damp cloth.
- Apply enough shaving cream to allow for a smooth shave.
- Then start with short and gentle shaving strokes on the sides towards the center of the face and chin. Always pay attention to the correct angle of attack of approx. 30 to 45 degrees to the skin!
- Avoid too much pressure to avoid injury.
- Finally, take care of your skin by washing your face with cold water to unclog pores and soothe skin after shaving. You can finish off with a moisturizing cream or after-shave lotion.
Tips for the perfect chest shave with the safety razor
To get a clean, smooth chest shave, follow these steps:
- Again, prepare your skin and hair by soaking them.
- Apply shaving cream to damp skin to protect the skin.
- Now start shaving gently and carefully with the correct angle of attack. To avoid multiple passes, you can also shave directly against the grain.
- Wash off the residue from the shaving product and care for your skin with a good moisturizing cream.
Is the safety razor also suitable for intimate shaving?
Yes, in principle it is of course possible to shave the intimate area with a safety razor. However, there is a "but“, because experience, caution, concentration and patience are required, especially for sensitive areas! The difficulty here is again the inflexibility. It is a bit more complicated to find the right angles for every spot underneath.
A razor with a flexible oscillating head is more suitable for this, as it automatically adapts to all areas of the skin and can therefore gently navigate around them.
Helpful tips for using the safety razor in the intimate area:
- Always pull the skin taut
- Use fresh, sharp blades
- Always pay attention to the correct angle of attack of approx. 30 to 45 degrees
- Use a shaving product to avoid skin irritation or cuts
- Always use the safety razor without pressure and let it glide over the skin
- Using a mirror is often helpful
Tips for the perfect bald head shave with the safety razor
Would you like a wonderfully gentle and thorough head shave with a safety razor? It works with the right preparation:
- First, make sure your scalp is clean and it is best to soften your hair a little before shaving. You can also just take a warm shower beforehand and then start shaving.
- Apply enough shaving cream and then start shaving in the direction of growth. Please pay attention to the correct angle of attack and also use enough water to create good gliding. If you've finished the first pass and it's still not smooth enough for you, you can now apply shaving product again and shave against the direction again.
- Apply little pressure to avoid skin irritation and injury.
- After shaving, use a soothing aftershave lotion or similar to prevent dryness and give skin a great shine.
How do I become a safety razor professional?
Weren't your first shaves with a safety razor thorough, rather painful and difficult? With the following 4 tips you too will become a safety razor professional:
- Tip: Practice makes perfect! Practice regularly to improve technique and get a better feel for the razor.
- Tip : Preparation is the be-all and end-all! Soft hair is easier to shave.
- Tip : Use high-quality shaving products! Your skin will thank you and the shave is super comfortable.
- Tip : Watch your “tools”! Check the condition of your safety razor at regular intervals and check whether the blades are still sharp.
How do I find the right safety razor?
There are several different models on the market. This is exactly why it is important that you familiarize yourself with the different safety razors in advance in order to find the right safety razor for you. The following points are important:
Which type of safety razor suits you?
Do you prefer a small, light safety razor, or rather a larger, heavy one?
How much money would you like to spend on a safety razor?
With the help of these questions you can find the perfect safety razor for you that meets your wishes and needs.
Which blades fit in the safety razor?
This question is asked very frequently and has a very simple answer: Almost everyone! Because one of the great advantages of safety razors are the standard razor blades. You can insert and use all standardized razor blades in almost all safety razors.
But as is so often the case, there are some differences. It is best to find out in advance what sharpness, hardness and durability your preferred blades have so that nothing stands in the way of a thorough and gentle shave.
We do the test of sustainable razors: safety razor vs. SHAVENT
We found it really exciting to test the currently most popular, sustainable razors in comparison and don't want to withhold the result from you.
Safety razor vs. plastic-free wet razor – the duel
We ran the test on 10 men, all of whom shave regularly. We asked her to shave with the safety razor for a week and then use the SHAVENT for a week. The shaving products used were not changed.
The test result clearly shows that both razors shave thoroughly, are sustainable and plastic-free. However, the SHAVENT was the test winner with 8/10 men. How come? Because the SHAVENT has a few more advantages.
With the SHAVENT you can decide for yourself whether you want to shave with one, two or even three sharp blades. This makes the shaving experience even gentler and more thorough.
The SHAVENT also comes with a flexible oscillating head, so that it can reach every part of the skin without a complicated angle of attack, thereby gently avoiding uneven skin.
It could also be used perfectly for all body zones from head to toe, which was rather difficult with a safety razor. Would you like to read more benefits and feedback on the SHAVENT? Let the SHAVENT convince you: SHAVENT Schwingkopfrasierer-Set