How do you prevent razor bumps?
Help! Razor bumps! - What can I do against it?
The best thing is not to let razor bumps arise in the first place. The following tips will help you:
- Never use the wet razor on dry skin! Always use a gentle shower gel, solid or mild soap and wet the skin well beforehand - if you let the foam soak in beforehand, you will also do your skin something good
- Change the blades regularly! Blunt hairs tear out the hair instead of cutting it off cleanly and are extremely stressful to our skin! They are one of the most common causes of skin irritation after shaving.
- Shorten long hair with scissors beforehand so that it does not get stuck in the razor, particularly sensitive areas first shave in the direction of hair growth, then carefully against the grain
- After shaving, dry the skin carefully without rubbing - then apply a mild alcohol-free care product to the skin. IMPORTANT: Do not apply deodorant until the skin is completely dry
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing immediately after shaving, especially nasty are hats after the head shave or lace underwear after the intimate shave
- Extra tip: Do not shave immediately before exercise, sweat is salty and promotes the development of razor pimples
If the razor bumps are already there, the only thing left to do is limit the damage. I have the following tips for you:
- Do not scratch or even try to pry out the razor bumps! This makes the pimples worse and they can only get really infected.
- A cooling gel made from aloe vera, for example, soothes and has an antibacterial effect
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing and lace if possible
- Just be patient - and insert new blades for the next shave. Then your skin is your friend again in no time